Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'm Addicted to Diet Mountain Dew.

This is my blog in which I will detail my addiction and detox to diet soda, specifically, Diet Mountain Dew. I love the taste and the energy it gives me, without the calories of coffee or regular soda. I typically drink about 1 to 2 liters a day. In the past, I had a test that showed elevated liver enzymes. I stopped drinking diet soda for six months and the tests returned to normal. Unfortunately I went back to drinking it even though I know it's bad for me. I've read up on aspartame, the chemical name for NutraSweet known as diet sugar, and I believe it is causing a number of symptoms:

- exhaustion
- insomnia
- slow metabolism
- swollen liver (pain behind my ribs)
- sugar cravings

As an experiment, I'm going to stop drinking all diet soda but will not make any other lifestyle or diet changes or any significance. Some of these may not be caused in part or at all by aspartame consumption.

Please join me in my journey as I try to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment